The Radiator

My radiator arrived! Just bought something off ebay that seemed to be a good size for the hovercraft, not a specific EA81 radiator.

I chose to have it at the rear for neatness, good airflow and I have seen many other crafts with it located there. Just by shear luck the intake and outlet of the radiator were on the correct sides to match with the engine as I didnt think about this. The radiator is just mounted onto the back mount legs with rubber spacers as I hear aluminum radiators can crack easily.




I went to supercheap auto and took about 30 pre bent pipes out to the engine and tired to find some pipes that would do the job. I found 3 that would do everything that I needed. On the outlet side of the engine it only took one pipe. I cut it and put a joiner peice in that had an attachment to screw in my temp sensor as the one in the intake manifold was larger.




On the inlet side of the engine required 2 pipes. To join I used another temp sensor joiner but had a hose fitting in its place. This connects to the bottom of the expansion box.




The expansion box....this took alot of thinking to work out how this was going to work. I found a diagram on google and went with that. The bottom of the box to the pipe that leads to the water pump and the top hose to the overflow on the radiator. Now if I open the expansion box water floods out of it as I think I have placed it too low but ill just see how it goes.






Another thing I couldnt work out was what to to with the extra inlet on the waterpump and the outlet of the intake manifold. I decided I did not need any heating in the climate im in so I just blocked all of the extra inlets and outlets.




Comments