Introduction

So I'll start with an introduction of myself. My name is James, I'm 29 years old and living in Darwin Northern Territory Australia. I'm a Captain for a small airline based in Darwin. My liking to hovercraft's started when I was about 12, I found plans for a hovercraft called the Pegasus. This was simply a round plywood disk with a lawnmower engine for lift and you simply would lean your body weight to make it move. Well I never able to build the Pegasus as my father would not allow it. 
Now fast forward 15 years. I was laying in bed not able to sleep when I started watching you tube videos of hovercraft. After a few videos one link directed me to the Universal Hovercraft website. After looking on the site for an hour or so I decided to build the UH-10f. I built this craft in the next 2.5 months. I was very happy with the result and learnt a lot from it. I had many learning curves from plow in to rollovers. Due to its many limitations I decided to build a larger craft and within a couple of weeks the plans to the UH-18spw arrived. So over the next 12 months I will be scratch building the craft including prop and lift fan. The whole intention of building this is to make it fly! I have chosen to run a separate lift motor. This will save cost, increase maneuverability, increase thrust HP, improve reliability with a payoff of a 28kg reduction in payload. I will also increase wing span by 2ft to help with lift.
Here is my first and only build, its a UH-10F.


Comments