Exhausts

Finally my exhaust parts arrived. I ordered 2 x 1.5 inch hotdog exhausts, 1m length of 1.5 inch pipe and a 180 degree bent pipe. I measured the length of pipe I would need to have the exhausts end at the radiator and each side only needed 95mm of straight pipe. I cut the 180 degree bend in half to give me 2 90 degree parts. I welded all 3 parts together for each exhaust and ground the welds down to look nice.



Next was the exhaust flanges. The only ones I could get locally had the holes too far apart to fit the subaru so I had to grind out the flange to have 2 slots instead of holes. I cant see that been an issue. I then bolted the flanges to the manifold and set up the exhaust so it was parallel and straight. I then marked the pipe and flange and welded it inside and out. Sadly I must have very slightly moved the flange prior to welding as the exhaust came out at an angle but I am actually happy with it. It just meant I had to get the other side the same.
Next was to make a support bracket for each exhaust. I used 10mm wide steel in an A frame shape for best support. 


Comments